Artist must first submit their portfolio or website for the gallery director to review. The director is the one who reviews all submissions and makes the final decision. If your work is chosen for representation you will receive an agreement. Within the agreement there are different representational/promotional offers you may choose from. There is no fee for submitting your works nor are you obligated to accept.
• At least 5 images of your artwork, or a direct link to your personal website.• Artwork title, medium and dimensions• Images must be Jpeg, smaller than 5MB• Your biography• Short statement about yourself and your goals
The cost for basic representation is $3,850 for one year (flexible payment plans are available). Additional services may be included depending on the level of representation that you select.
Framing and shipping costs are not included in the representation fee. However, if accepted for representation our experienced staff will help you and guide you with shipping your artwork to the gallery for your exhibition.The basic representation package includes:
- Participation in a collective exhibition in their gallery in Chelsea, New York.
- Promotion on their web-site
- Promotion on their art shopping site, which records more than 300,000 artworks view every month and 10,000 clicks a day
- Press release written by an art critic
- Inclusion in the exhibition catalog
- Personalized PR efforts
- Group invitation cards
- Ads and listings in New York publications
- Assistance, if needed, in pricing your artwork
The questions are:
The commission structure on the sale of art is 70% for the artist and 30% for the gallery.
I've had a look on the art shopping site and the work is varied and selling (priced, which is another thing altogether) at anywhere from about $750 - $3500 a print. My work looks staid by comparison.
Is it a scam?
I don't think so, but it does seem a high price to pay - annually, even if they have special payment terms.
10,000 clicks a day..........